Portion of I-73 in Greensboro to close for construction this weekend
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Motorists should expect road and ramp closures this weekend as crews finish construction on the diverging diamond interchange that will link High Point Road to Interstate 73.
The work will require crews to close I-73 south between Interstate 40 and Interstate 85.
They will also close the on ramps from Wendover Avenue. The work will begin at 6 a.m. Saturday, and is expected to be complete by 6 a.m. Monday.
During the closure, motorists on I-73 south should take I-40 east to U.S. 220 south and follow the detour signs to their desired destination.
Motorists on Wendover Avenue will be allowed access to I-73 north only.
The interchange is part of a $40.1 million project to widen a four-mile section of High Point Road from two lanes to four lanes with a median, and will be the first of its kind in Greensboro.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants