High Point Fire Department tests new bike medical response team
HIGH POINT, N.C. — The High Point Fire Department is testing a new bike medical response team during this year’s Fall Market.
The teams consist of two firefighters, carrying the same medical equipment that’s transported on fire trucks.
The department says using bike teams is an idea that’s been tossed around for about a year and allows crews to navigate High Point Market traffic much more efficiently than trucks.
Firefighters worked with police to get started.
Fire Chief Tommy Reid says teams have responded to a few minor calls.
High Point Fire said it plans to continue using bike teams at future city events.
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting