High Point Fire Department tests new bike medical response team
HIGH POINT, N.C. — The High Point Fire Department is testing a new bike medical response team during this year’s Fall Market.
The teams consist of two firefighters, carrying the same medical equipment that’s transported on fire trucks.
The department says using bike teams is an idea that’s been tossed around for about a year and allows crews to navigate High Point Market traffic much more efficiently than trucks.
Firefighters worked with police to get started.
Fire Chief Tommy Reid says teams have responded to a few minor calls.
High Point Fire said it plans to continue using bike teams at future city events.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k