Fayetteville man shocked by $91,644 utility bill
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — A Fayetteville man was shocked to receive a $91,644 utility bill in the mail this week.
According to The Fayetteville Observer, Fayetteville’s Public Works Commission said Troy Hill owes them the eye-popping amount for electricity and water.
The October bill was for a rental house Hill owns in Haymount, which had been unoccupied the month before.
Hill told the Observer the bill should have been more like $15.
The utility’s spokeswoman, Carolyn Justice-Hinson, said Hill had several accounts and they may have been combined by error.
An updated and corrected bill is being sent to Hill.
The spokeswoman was not aware of any problems with the PWC’s billing systems.
Hill said he was glad his bill was not set up to be automatically drafted from his checking account.
Read more: The Fayetteville Observer
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home