Durham police officers deliver baby on I-85
Durham Officers Gabriel Munter and J.J. McDonough (Courtesy: WTVD)
DURHAM, N.C. — Two Durham police officers are used to protecting and serving the public. Now, they can also add deliveries to their resume– babies that is.
According to WTVD, Officer Gabriel Munter did exactly that Wednesday morning on Interstate 85.
Munter had just cleared the scene of an accident near Club Boulevard around 9 a.m. when a driver frantically pulled up behind him. The driver told Munter that his wife was in labor.
Munter jumped into action by grabbing gloves and helping the woman deliver the baby girl.
A second officer, J.J. McDonough, also assisted Munter with the delivery.
Mother and child are said to be doing well at a local hospital.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old