Wake Forest honors Arnold Palmer with statue
In sports, there are a few guys nicknamed the “king.”
In NASCAR, it is Richard Petty. In basketball, there’s “King James,” as in Lebron James.
In golf, it’s Arnold Palmer.
Many believe Palmer brought the game of golf to the average man–before Arnie it was considered an “elitist” sport!
This past weekend, Wake Forest honored Palmer, who started the school’s great golf tradition.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home