Carolina Panthers defeat St. Louis Rams 30-15
CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Carolina Panthers topped the St. Louis Rams in a 30-15 victory Sunday afternoon from the Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte.
WRAL-TV reported that Carolina forced three turnovers and defeated St. Louis to improve to 3-3 on the year.
St. Louis defensive end Chris Long was ejected after he threw a punch at a Panthers’ played in the third quarter.
Cornerback Captain Munnerlyn returned an interception for a 45-yard touchdown during the game’s first play and Fullback Mike Tolbert recorded a 1-yard touchdown late in the second quarter.
St. Louis cut the lead to 20-12 after a 4-yard touchdown pass to running back Zac Stacy, but Carolina wide receiver Steve Smith countered with a 19-yard touchdown.
Panthers Coach Ron Rivera said Carolina wanted to take a cautious approach with Robert Lester’s hamstring, so he was inactive during the game.
Read more: WRAL-TV
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k