Thousands expected at gay pride parade in Winston-Salem
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Thousands of people are expected in downtown Winston-Salem this weekend for the city’s third annual gay pride event.
The gay pride parade and festival is the finale of a series of events that have happened across the state throughout the entire year.
The pride parade takes place at 11 a.m. Saturday on Fourth Street. The event is hosted by Pride Winston-Salem. The group anticipates more than 8,000 people in attendance.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault