Thousands expected at gay pride parade in Winston-Salem
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — Thousands of people are expected in downtown Winston-Salem this weekend for the city’s third annual gay pride event.
The gay pride parade and festival is the finale of a series of events that have happened across the state throughout the entire year.
The pride parade takes place at 11 a.m. Saturday on Fourth Street. The event is hosted by Pride Winston-Salem. The group anticipates more than 8,000 people in attendance.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old