Giant ‘sea serpent’ found by snorkelers in California
Snorkelers found the body of a giant, 18-foot sea creature known as an oarfish Sunday off the Port of Los Angeles, according to KTLA.
Researchers said it was the “discovery of a lifetime.”
It took more than 20 people to pick up the fish, which live in deep waters and are rarely found near the shore. Ancient mariners once called the giant fish “sea serpents.”
Read more: KTLA
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault