Caramel Apple Butterscotch Delights
2 small granny smith apples
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups Gold Medal All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups oatmeal
1 bag butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Core and finely chop the granny smith apples.
3. In a stand mixer, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar.
4. Add in eggs and vanilla extract; mix until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together Gold Medal all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt and oatmeal.
6. Slowly pour flour mixture into mixer on low speed.
7. Once fully incorporated, scrape down the bowl with a spatula and fold in apples and butterscotch chips.
8. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop 12 dough balls onto pan.
9. Bake for 15 minutes or until edges are browned.
10. Remove from the oven, and while still warm, drizzle with caramel sauce as desired.
11. Let set for 3 minutes and enjoy!
Yields: 30 cookies; Prep Time: 30 minutes; Bake Time: 15 minutes