Carolina Panthers beat Minnesota Vikings, 35-10
MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. — The Carolina Panthers breezed past Adrian Peterson and the Minnesota Vikings with a 35-10 victory Sunday in Minneapolis.
The Associated Press reported that Cam Newton threw for three touchdown passes and ran for another score.
Peterson finished with 62 yards on 10 carries and 21 yards on three receptions. The Vikings (1-4) trailed the entire game and did not have much use for Peterson after halftime.
Wide receiver Steve Smith and fullback Mike Tolbert each caught touchdowns in the first half. At 2-3, it was Carolina’s first road win of the season.
Read more: The Associated Press
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave