Man charged in Wake County armed robberies
Walter Kevin Johnson
RALEIGH, N.C. – Raleigh police have charged a man in a series of armed robberies where the victims were robbed at their homes, according to WTVD-TV.
Authorities said 28-year-old Walter Kevin Johnson was charged with 23 offenses including robbery with a dangerous weapon, burglary and kidnapping.
The latest incident involved a woman who police said was robbed at gunpoint at a home Tuesday night in Wake Forest.
The victim told investigators a man put a gun to her head in her garage and stole about $2,000 worth of jewelry and a set of car keys.
Deputies have also linked Johnson to the home intrusion in Cary that took place Oct. 3. Authorities said there have been more similar robberies in Raleigh and Wake County.
In each case, the victims were approached as they were about to enter homes and held at gunpoint. Some were forced to drive to ATMs to withdraw money.
The suspect was jailed under a $3.5 million bond and has his first court appearance planned for Monday.
Read more: WTVD-TV
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home