Recipe for Bite-Size Pecan Pie Muffins
Karo Syrup “Sweet-Treats for Sweet-Hearts” Contest
Jennifer Blackburn of Winston-Salem, Best Bite-Size Treat, 2013 Dixie Classic Fair
Bite-Size Pecan Pie Muffins
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, divided
1/4 cup Karo Light Corn Syrup
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 12 mini muffin cups.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and 1/2 cup pecans.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the Karo light corn syrup, butter and eggs together until smooth.
4. Stir Karo mixture into the dry ingredients just until combined. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Cups should be about 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops with 1 tablespoon pecans.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks when done.
Yields: 12 mini muffins