Police search for peeper at UNC Chapel Hill
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — UNC Chapel Hill is warning residents of an alleged peeper after a female student said somebody watched her take a shower.
WTVD-TV reported that the incident happened around 3 a.m. Friday at Connor Residence Hall. The victim said she noticed a man standing near her watching while she was showing.
The incident prompted a campus-wide alert after police were informed.
Public safety officials said the man quickly fled the building after being noticed by the student showering.
The suspect was described as an Asian man, standing at about 5’8,” and wearing dark-framed glasses, a dark-colored Duke hooded sweatshirt and possibly blue jeans.
UNC Police are reminding students to take extra precautions. Anyone with any information can call UNC police at (919) 962-8100 or the Chapel Hill-Carrboro-UNC Crime Stoppers at (919) 942-7515.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview