One charged, seven sought in counterfeit money operation
HIGH POINT, N.C. — High Point police have arrested one suspect and are looking for seven more in connection to an ongoing counterfeit operation.
Authorities said the suspects were making counterfeit money and passing it to local businesses.
Captain Mike Kirk with High Point Police said the suspects were printing the counterfeit money on resume paper.
Police said the investigation has been ongoing for several months and involves numerous jurisdictions with the region.
Eight people have been charged in the investigation, but just one, Christopher Mark Simmons, 24, of High Point, has been arrested.
Simmons was charged with one count each of false pretense and larceny of property. He was placed in the Guilford County Jail under a $6,000 bond.
The remaining seven have been identified as William Alan Edwards, April Dawn Bowman, Timothy Allen Beard, Lisa Blair Jackson, Michael Link and Todd Richard Kaufman.
Anyone with any information on the suspects can call High Point Police Captain Mike Kirk at (336) 887-7805.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k