Back to work for businesses along the Blue Ridge Parkway
While national parks may be closed, along the Blue Ridge Parkway it’s back to business for locals who are tired of feeling the pinch because of the government shutdown.
This is the first time Mabry Mill Restaurant and Gift Shop has been open the entire leaf season.
For more than a week, the restaurant has been closed due to the government shutdown, as it sits on federal land.
The restaurant is back open for business after another parkway vendor reached an agreement with the Federal Park Service.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview