Autumn Leaves Festival in full swing in Mount Airy
MOUNT AIRY, N.C. — The 47th annual Autumn Leaves Festival is in full swing with 200 vendors that include crafts and food.
“My dad use to bring me up here,” said Joey Spainhour of King who brought his 3-year-old son. “Got to keep the tradition.”
Around 200,000 people are expected to line the streets of downtown this weekend for one of the most popular festivals in the state. With thousands guaranteed vendors hope to grab a spot.
“Thought I’d give a try,” said Sarah Dodson of Bumblefly ‘N Butterbees from Charlotte. She sells eco-friendly wooden toys. “I’ve been to some shows where you just sit there and do nothing but this one has been a good one.”
The largest crowd is typically Saturday and with the festival growing each year the city added additional downtown parking.
The festival runs Saturday 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday 12 p.m.-6 p.m.
Admission is free.
For more information visit www.autumnleavesfestival.com
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Silver Alert issued for woman missing from Winston-Salem
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k