NASCAR driver arrested in assault of wife, police say
Travis Kvapil, 37
MOORESVILLE, N.C. — A NASCAR Sprint Cup driver Travis Kvapil was arrested and charged with assault after an incident Tuesday night, according to WSOC.
Mooresville police said Kvapil, 37, was arrested Tuesday night after a 911 call regarding an assault.
Police said the incident was a domestic dispute between Kvapil and his wife.
Kvapil’s bio online says that he lives in Mooresville with his wife Jennifer and their three children.
Kvapil was charged with assault on a female and false imprisonment.
He was taken to the Iredell County jail and held under a domestic hold awaiting a Wednesday court appearance.
Kvapil’s racing team B.K. Racing out of Statesville who said they have no comment at this time.
He has raced in all 30 Sprint Cup event this season. His best finish is 16th in Bristol in August.
A native of Wisconsin, Kvapil began racing at the age of 16 and worked his way up through the levels of racing.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k