Cockroaches, hemorrhoids more popular than Congress
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – Americans like cockroaches, dog poop, hemorrhoids and toenail fungus more than members of Congress, according to a new survey by Public Policy Polling.
“I lost respect for them a long time ago,” said David Price attending the Dixie Classic Fair with his children Wednesday night. “Children don’t even look up to [congress] anymore. They are nothing anyone would want to aspire to be. They act like kids themselves.”
Since the government shutdown only 5 percent approve of the job lawmakers are doing, according to a recent Associated Press-GfK poll.
“There is no purpose for shutting the government down, all it’s going to do is hurt people even more,” said Robert Martin who knows about hurt. He was laid off from his job Tuesday.“There is not a reason why we can’t come to some agreement.”
“I hate them right now,” said 10-year-old Evan Barr. The government shutdown cut his family’s camping trip to a federal park. “The government shutdown is disappointing me.”
Congress does have something going for them. The Public Policy Polling rates them more popular than serial killers, foreign enemies, Honey Boo Boo and Miley Cyrus.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'