Windy, cool day across the Piedmont
High pressure to the north and low pressure to the south will usher in a brisk northeast breeze today.
Expect mostly cloudy skies from central North Carolina to the coast, but more opportunities to see sunshine in our mountains today. Showers will be confined to the eastern end of the state through the afternoon.
Winds will be between 10-20 mph and temperatures will only be in the lower 60s across the Piedmont.
Tonight, mostly cloudy skies stay in the Piedmont and there is a small chance of showers, mainly to the south and east of the Triad. Total rainfall won’t be impressive… up to 1/10″ in mainly Randolph, Chatham, Montgomery and Alamance counties.
While temperatures remain cool through Thursday and showers will continue to factor in to the forecast, the weekend is looking great for outdoor events!
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'