Suspicious package found in Winston-Salem determined to be box of paper
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A suspicious package that was discovered Tuesday afternoon on the northwest corner of Fourth and Main streets in downtown Winston-Salem was a box of paper, according to police.
The police department received an anonymous phone call around noon about the package near the old courthouse, according to police Lt. Jeff Watson. Watson said he didn’t believe that the courthouse was a target.
The area was cordoned off, and a mechanical robot was dispatched to move the package to a safer location where police could “take care of it.”
Businesses in the area were notified of the situation and asked to keep their employees out of the area.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home