Suspicious package found in Winston-Salem determined to be box of paper
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A suspicious package that was discovered Tuesday afternoon on the northwest corner of Fourth and Main streets in downtown Winston-Salem was a box of paper, according to police.
The police department received an anonymous phone call around noon about the package near the old courthouse, according to police Lt. Jeff Watson. Watson said he didn’t believe that the courthouse was a target.
The area was cordoned off, and a mechanical robot was dispatched to move the package to a safer location where police could “take care of it.”
Businesses in the area were notified of the situation and asked to keep their employees out of the area.
- 40 people arrested across NC for human trafficking
- Why were huge military planes flying over the Piedmont today?
- The real story behind the 'train selfie' and the man kicked in head by 'conductor'
- Lexington man killed in accident on I-85 in Davidson Co.
- Judge tells convicted killer 'I hope you die in prison'