Cold front to bring heavy rain, gusty winds
A cold front is moving across the Piedmont this morning and into the early afternoon. Along the front, expect heavy rain and gusty winds, up to 30 mph. There will be embedded thunderstorms along the front as well.
By lunchtime, the front will be moving across eastern North Carolina. Scattered showers remain in the forecast from the Triad to the mountains.
Total rainfall will be between 3/4 and 1 inch by midnight tonight. High temperatures are going to be steady, in the mid 70s.
An area of low pressure is expected to form off the South Carolina coast tonight and it will be hugging the Carolina coastline for the next 48 hours. The outcome in the Piedmont will be cool high temperatures in the low to mid 60s, and persistent clouds with a lingering chance of showers through Wednesday.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault