Cold front to bring heavy rain, gusty winds
A cold front is moving across the Piedmont this morning and into the early afternoon. Along the front, expect heavy rain and gusty winds, up to 30 mph. There will be embedded thunderstorms along the front as well.
By lunchtime, the front will be moving across eastern North Carolina. Scattered showers remain in the forecast from the Triad to the mountains.
Total rainfall will be between 3/4 and 1 inch by midnight tonight. High temperatures are going to be steady, in the mid 70s.
An area of low pressure is expected to form off the South Carolina coast tonight and it will be hugging the Carolina coastline for the next 48 hours. The outcome in the Piedmont will be cool high temperatures in the low to mid 60s, and persistent clouds with a lingering chance of showers through Wednesday.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview