Cold front to bring heavy rain, gusty winds
A cold front is moving across the Piedmont this morning and into the early afternoon. Along the front, expect heavy rain and gusty winds, up to 30 mph. There will be embedded thunderstorms along the front as well.
By lunchtime, the front will be moving across eastern North Carolina. Scattered showers remain in the forecast from the Triad to the mountains.
Total rainfall will be between 3/4 and 1 inch by midnight tonight. High temperatures are going to be steady, in the mid 70s.
An area of low pressure is expected to form off the South Carolina coast tonight and it will be hugging the Carolina coastline for the next 48 hours. The outcome in the Piedmont will be cool high temperatures in the low to mid 60s, and persistent clouds with a lingering chance of showers through Wednesday.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK