Woman charged with DWI after car hits teen, stroller in Thomasville
THOMASVILLE, N.C. — A woman faces charges after authorities said she crashed into a 13-year-old pushing a 2-year-old in a stroller.
Officials said the incident happened around 8:50 p.m. Wednesday in the area of 314 Salem St. in Thomasville.
Police said the suspect, Erin Trotter, went off the road, struck a utility pole and then continued traveling, striking the victims.
Officers said the 13-year-old sustained minor injuries and the 2-year-old was not injured. Both were treated and released from Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center.
Trotter was charged with driving while impaired and resisting arrest. She received a $2,000 secured bond and was placed in the Davidson County Jail. She has court planned for Oct. 23.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old