3-month-old dies after found alone in car parked outside shopping center
GREENSBORO, N.C. — A 3-month-old male found unresponsive inside a car parked outside a Greensboro shopping center was pronounced dead at the hospital on Thursday afternoon.
The child’s uncle called 911 around 1:01 p.m. to report finding the unresponsive child inside a car parked outside Fanta City International Market at 4929 West Market St.
The infant was found inside the vehicle by his father. His mother began performing CPR until EMS arrived. Emergency personnel continued CPR while transporting the infant to Moses Cone Hospital.
The infant was pronounced dead at the hospital.
A preliminary investigation suggests foul play was not involved. Police do not know how long the child was alone in the vehicle.
Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to call Crime Stoppers at 336-373-1000.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault