NC couple killed over apparent trash bin dispute
On Monday afternoon, neighbors called 911 after hearing 8-10 gunshots. Police told the paper Erwin Lynn Jarvis, 59, gunned down his neighbors Robert Matheson, 54, and Genise Matheson, 50 as they stood in their driveway late Monday afternoon.
The Mathesons’ 12-year-old son was inside the house when the shootings occurred and was unharmed, Romick said.
Jarvis was charged with two counts of first-degree murder.
Neighbors told the paper a feud had been going on “at least three years.”
According to one neighbor, the Mathesons had moved to South Carolina for a period of time, leaving their Arden home unoccupied. While they were gone, Jarvis began using the Matheson’s city-issued rollout trash container, Jackson said.
When the Mathesons moved back into their Arden home, they found out about the trash bin and became upset.
Read more: Asheville Citizen-Times
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k