Wells Fargo laying off 55 in Winston-Salem
Wells Fargo said Tuesday that it is closing its Personal and Small Business Insurance location in Winston-Salem, eliminating 55 jobs.
Josh Dunn, a spokesman for Wells Fargo, said that the company made the decision after careful consideration and analysis.
Employees at the site handled inbound customer calls for personal and small business insurance products.
“We are committed to supporting our team members and serving our customers through this transition,” Christine Lively Shaw, a spokeswoman for Wells Fargo said. “Where possible, we are working with affected team members to identify other opportunities within Wells Fargo.”
She said that the employees were notified Tuesday and received a 60-day notice.
Wells Fargo announced Sept. 18 that it was laying off employees in its Home Mortgage Refinancing business — 150 in Charlotte and 48 in Raleigh.
Shaw said that business had been slowing down for that group.
As of March, Wells Fargo had a total of 3,900 employees in its Triad and Western North Carolina region. The majority of them are based in Winston-Salem.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault