Lexington woman charged with murder in 2012 death of 9-month-old
LEXINGTON, N.C. — A Lexington woman has been charged with first-degree murder and felony child abuse in connection with the July 2012 death of her 9-month-old daughter, according to the Lexington Dispatch.
The-Dispatch reports 28-year-old Chrystal Nicole Tanksley was arrested Wednesday and is being held without bond with a tentative court date of Oct. 7.
On July 30, 2012, police said Tanksley was driving a car involved in a single-vehicle accident that occurred on Raleigh Road. Police said the car Tanksley was driving went off the right side of the roadway around 3:45 a.m. that morning before hitting a utility pole near the E-Z Car Wash.
Police said the only passenger in the car was 9-month-old Zakeri A. Mouzon, who was pronounced dead shortly after being taken to Lexington Medical Center.
At the time, police said they were still trying to determine what caused the crash. Further details were never released.
As of Thursday, authorities had not released comments on the charges against Tanksley.
Read more: The-Dispatch.com
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK