Guilford County SROs get Segways
GREENSBORO, N.C. — School resource officers in Guilford County now have new tools to patrol school properties and move faster during emergencies.
Seven Segways are being rolled out this week at high schools across the county.
Guilford County commissioners approved the purchase in August. They initially denied the request earlier this year.
Deputies say the Segways will help SROs get around many of the county’s high school campuses more effectively. Many schools have expanded over time, which means more ground for SROs to cover.
The Segways collectively cost nearly $53,000 and were paid for by federal forfeiture funds.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault