Fake Apple iOS 7 ad states iPhone is waterproof – and people fell for it
A fake Apple ad that has been posted on social networks claims the iOS 7 makes the phone waterpoof.
The ad looks similar to Apple’s ads promoting iOS 7 and the new iPhone 5S and 5C. The fake ad reads:
“Update to IOS 7 and become waterproof. In an emergency, a smart-switch will shut off the phone’s power supply and corresponding components to prevent any damage to your iPhone’s delicate circuitry.”
The fake ad is shown below:
Apparently, several people fell for the fake ad and expressed their outrage on Twitter and other social networks.
iOS7 is waterproof—
BrryanFuyuki (@brryandalion) September 25, 2013
Did people seriously fall for the iOS7 waterproof prank?—
Devinoni Ral (@Tazerath) September 24, 2013
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy