Third ‘Hunger Games’ movie may be filmed in NC
CLEVELAND COUNTY, N.C. — Tourism officials said the third “Hunger Games” movie may be filmed in Cleveland County, according to the Shelby Star.
“The film commission is certainly working with Lionsgate to ensure that we at least get to scout the site for the third one,” said Jackie Sibley, director of travel and tourism for the county.
She said she is currently working with several film projects right now, but the film studios are tight-lipped about what they are.
Many scenes from the first Hunger Games movie were filmed in Shelby and other scenes were filmed around Charlotte, Concord and Hickory.
Sibley said nearly 30 tours of the Hunger Games filming site were given in Shelby last year.
The second Hunger Games movie “Catching Fire” was filmed in Georgia, Hawaii and New Jersey and is planned to be released in November.
“Mockingjay,” the third movie, is expected to be released in 2015 and follows the science fiction adventures of Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence.
The first movie in the series grossed more than $408 million.
Read more: The Shelby Star
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy