Randolph County’s ‘banana lady’
RANDOLPH COUNTY, N.C. — A walk through Geraldine Nunn’s yard is a like a trip through a tropical jungle.
That may be because although she lives in Randolph County, she still favors tropical plants.
Her favorites are her banana trees, which she says are low maintenance.
“They’ve had so much rain [this year] it’s been beautiful,” she explains.
Geraldine started her fascination with the trees many years ago when her sister-in-law gave her first plant.
Since her “collection” has grown to just over 30 trees.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k