Amber Alert for Winston-Salem child canceled, child located
200 block of West End Blvd. in Winston-Salem (Google)
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — An Amber Alert issued Sunday morning for an abducted Winston-Salem child has been canceled and the 6-week-old baby has been returned to her mother.
According to a police press release, Winston-Salem officers initially responded to a disturbance in the 900 block of Rundell Street on Sunday.
Kelly Ladd, of Goose Creek, S.C., was assaulted by her estranged husband, Terrence Ladd, during the incident.
Police said following the incident, Terrence stole the Kelly’s rental car and drove away. Inside the vehicle was their 7-week-old daughter, Alexandria “Alexis” Elizabeth Ladd.
Police said it’s unclear if Terrence knew the child was in the car.
Officers said Kelly was scared for the child’s safety because Terrence was allegedly under the influence of drugs or alcohol. An Amber Alert was issued shortly after 7:30 a.m. Sunday.
Officials were searching for Ladd, who was last seen traveling North on Rundell Street in Winston Salem toward University Parkway in a black Hyundai Sonata with S.C. registration BXC-3152. Around 8 a.m., Ladd was located at 227 West End Blvd. and the child was returned to the mother in good health.
Ladd was taken into custody on assault charges.
No other information was provided.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- The Ultimate Warrior's cause of death revealed in autopsy