Weekend packed with events across Forsyth County
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — More than 100,000 people are expected to attend at least one of four major events happening in Forsyth County this weekend.
Rock the Block, the Bethabara Park Apple Festival, the Winston-Salem Air Show and Carolina Oktoberfest at Tanglewood Park are all happening this weekend.
“It’s a big weekend. From 11 to 7 on Saturday we will have three stages in downtown full of great entertainment. There will be food around and lots of attractions we think folks will have a great time,” said Ed McNeal, Rock the Block organizer.
Steve Flippin the organizer of the Winston-Salem Air Show also said, “We expect over 40,000 this weekend. It’s a fantastic air show, a great event for the Triad and great event for the family.”
Carolina Oktoberfest promises tastings from more than 30 breweries and live music.
The Apple Festival will have representatives from several local orchards, apple tastings, food of all kinds and games for the children.
When asked how possible rain showers could impact the events, all organizers said the events are so large they can’t be rescheduled or moved. So unless there is severe weather, plan to have fun rain or shine.
Find more information on the events on their websites:
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault