Four teachers injured while trying to break up school fight
Bartlett Yancey High School
YANCEYVILLE, N.C. — Caswell County deputies said four high school teachers received minor injuries while trying to break up a fight between several students.
Deputies said the fight happened around 8 a.m. Thursday at Bartlett Yancey High School at 466 Main Street in Yanceyville.
Authorities said all four students involved in the fight were charged and suspended for 10 days.
Laquane Adams, 18, was charged with one count of affray and one count of possession of marijuana on school property. He was placed in the Caswell County Detention Facility under a $500 secured bond. A 17-year-old, a 16-year-old and a juvenile were also involved in the fight.
School officials did not provide specific details about the teachers’ injuries or what the students were fighting about.
Investigators said there were no weapons involved. At this point, officials believe the fight was an isolated incident.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k