Man charged with robbing bank in Obama mask
MERRIMACK, New Hampshire — A bank robber in an Obama mask didn’t hold onto his ill-gotten gains for long.
Police say a man wearing a full-face Obama mask, suit coat, tie and jeans walked into a bank in Merrimack, New Hampshire, on Wednesday, and demanded money from a teller.
The teller handed over “an undetermined amount” of money and the man fled on foot.
It took all of 12 minutes for Merrimack Police to find and arrest a suspect.
John Griffin Jr., 52, is charged with robbery and is being held on $75,000 bail.
Earlier this month, an Obama impersonator was behind an ill-conceived performance as a rodeo clown at the Missouri State Fair.
™ & © 2013 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave