Last day of muggy heat before cooldown
It’s here! The last day of oppressive muggy heat.
Starting Thursday night, the humidity will be dropping and temperatures will follow.
We just have to get past Thursday — although it will be hot. Highs will be in the upper-80s under partly-cloudy skies. As a cold front crosses North Carolina, rain chances will increase to 40 percent in the late afternoon and early evening. Total rainfall isn’t expected to be very impressive — 1/10″ or less.
As we head into the weekend, autumnal weather will be prancing through the state! Expect sunny skies, very low humidity, and highs in the 70s on Saturday. Sunday, high temperatures will barely squeak to 80 degrees.
Great things are happening across the Piedmont this weekend! Check out Paw It Forward on Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m. at the Petty Family farm in Trinity. You and your family can enjoy a day of games, raffles, baked goods, horse-drawn hayrides, a silent auction and the chance to meet some of the outstanding dogs who need forever homes! Proceeds from this event go to Ruff Love Dog Rescue. For more information, visit ruffloverescue.com.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants