Instead of ring, man surprises fiancé with engagement saddle
Winning a woman’s heart usually means diamonds and roses.
Laura Upton ended up with a diamond–and something else.
“Even when I get married one day, whoever I marry, I did not want an engagement ring. I would want a Phil Harris horse saddle,” she explained.
Upton is a 12-time world champion — and the girl who Adam Kilian fell in love with.
When he wanted to ask for her hand in marriage, he asked Upton’s former trainer for help, who in turn, contacted Harris Leather in State Road, North Carolina.
…and the rest is history.
You can find Harris Leather here.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave