More than 100 ‘Climb for Courage’ in Winston-Salem
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — More than 100 people showed up Wednesday morning to the “Climb for Courage” event in Winston-Salem which honored the lives of those who were killed in the September 11th terrorist attacks.
The event was held at Wake Forest University’s Kentner Stadium where participants came together to run 2,977 steps; equal to the number of people who died twelve years ago.
Among those participating were local firefighters and police officers.
“Climb for Courage” was organized in the Triad, but spread to other cities like Los Angeles and Detroit, according to event organizer April Hartsook.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview