Hot, muggy day ahead; Slight chance of rain
Hot, muggy weather will continue through the day Wednesday and into Thursday.
The good news is that a cold front that’s headed toward North Carolina will cross the state Thursday night. That means changes are ahead!
On Wednesday, highs will be in the upper-80s to near 90 degrees. Even if the thermometer gives a reading in the upper-80s, the humidity will produce a heat index between 90 and 93 degrees in the afternoon. Skies, once again, will be partly cloudy. Rain chances remain around 20 percent.
Wednesday night and Thursday, skies continue to be partly cloudy. Lows overnight will be in the upper 60s and highs on Thursday will be in the upper-80s. There is a 40 percent chance of rain on Thursday as a strong cold front passes through the Piedmont late in the day. Total rainfall will be between 1/10″ and 1/4″.
By Friday, temperatures will only be in the low-80s and the humidity will be noticeably lower!
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- Randolph Co. middle school employee accused of sending obscene images to teenage girl
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k