Erica Parsons’ adoptive parents fight for custody of other kids
Erica Parsons (Age-progressed photo on right)
SALISBURY, N.C. — The adoptive parents of missing Rowan County teenager Erica Lynn Parsons are fighting for custody of their two other children.
Casey and Sandy Parsons have a custody hearing this week, during which other family members are expected to testify about what they have seen in the home since Erica disappeared.
The kids have been staying with Casey Parsons’ mother for a little more than a month.
The decision on permanent custody for the children will be decided later this month.
Erica, who is 15, has not been seen or heard from since deputies say she disappeared from her Salisbury home in November 2011.
Read more: WSOCTV.com
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault