Apple picking in Randolph County
During this time of year, most of us in the Piedmont look forward to the apple crop–not just eating them, but picking them too.
In late summer and early fall, Hubert Hill opens his Randolph County apple orchards to the public.
“At one time, I had 33 varieties of apples. It was my goal to get one of everything. Over the years, I found out that some apples will not grow in central North Carolina,” Hill explained.
Hill decided to stick with ones that do.
If apples aren’t enough, Hill also offers an acre of grapes.
Hill’s orchard is located on Finch Farm Road in Trinity.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting