Muggy, hot weather continues
Hot, humid weather will have a firm grip on the Carolinas for the next several days.
Expect highs in the upper-80s to lower-90s across the Piedmont with dew points in the mid- to upper-60s — whew! Skies will be partly cloudy in the afternoon and only isolated showers are in the forecast with less than a 20 percent chance.
Two cold fronts will bring a powerful blast of cooler air to the south by this weekend! Highs on Saturday and Sunday will be in the mid- to upper-70s with delightfully low humidity.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Man catches massive 805-pound shark, won't share his secret
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants
- 'Ice Road Truckers' star accused of kidnapping prostitute, threatens to kill her over $1k