Group meets to vacant lot on High Ave. in High Point
HIGH POINT, N.C. — The group “Ignite High Point” met on Monday to discuss designs for “The Pit,” a vacant lot on High Ave.
“Ignite High Point” is a project that designed to come up with a plan to broaden and renew intrigue in the city’s downtown.
The group wants to turn the space into an area where teens and college students can gather, while also attracting young professionals to the area.
“It [the vacant lot] has a very urban feel to it. I think that’s one of the reasons we looked at this space and said ‘wow, what a great opportunity we have,” said Peter Freeman, Ignite High Point member.
There is no set date on when construction will start or how much it will cost.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK