Graham man charged with murder in deadly wreck
ELON, N.C. — An Alamance County man has been charged with second-degree murder as the result of an investigation into a deadly crash.
According to the Elon Police Department, 36-year-old William Lee Scott was driving a 2013 Jeep Wrangler on University Drive on June 21 when his SUV collided with a 2003 Chevrolet Impala driven by 63-year-old Veocia Collins Warren at the intersection at North Manning Avenue.
Warren died at the scene.
Police say their investigation revealed Scott’s speed and his blood-alcohol level were both contributing factors in the crash.
Police shared their findings with a grand jury and afterward drew charges against Scott that include second-degree murder, felony death by motor vehicle and misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.
Scott was arrested Monday morning, police said. He is being held in the Alamance County Detention Center under a $225,000 secured bond with a court appearance slated for Sept. 16.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- Remains of teens missing since 1971 found in submerged car
- Wu-Tang Clan affiliated rapper severs penis, jumps off building
- Woman shot dead while on phone with 911 for 13 minutes
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview