Davidson County Commissioners to mull industrial park plan
LEXINGTON, N.C. — Davidson County Commissioners will consider a resolution Tuesday night to support the construction of a proposed industrial park near Linwood, according to The Lexington Dispatch.
The resolution refers to building the park under a limited liability company, which Davidson County Economic Development Commission officials have said is the best option.
Though most details remain unclear, the EDC’s plan roughly involves landowners and other stakeholders putting their assets into one entity. Then, if a company were to purchase property at the site of the park, members of the partnership would share the profits.
Commissioners approved the first phase of the construction project in May, which encompasses about 250 acres, and is estimated to cost $7.6 million.
Read more: The Lexington Dispatch
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault