YMCA express facility to open in downtown Winston-Salem
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – There will soon be a new place to exercise in downtown Winston-Salem.
A YMCA express facility is set to open in the Wake Forest Innovation Quarter, officials announced Friday.
Construction of the 10,000 square-foot gym is currently underway in one of the old R.J. Reynolds Tobacco buildings.
The YMCA says the growing area is a natural fit.
“There’s a lot going on now. There’s a lot planned,” said, Curt Hazelbaker, President and CEO of YMCA Northwest North Carolina. “We think it’s a great place for the Y to be. It’s a natural partner for us. And this energy attracts our folks; we’re just excited about it.”
The new Y will open in March of 2014.
- Jeremy Mayfield's $1.3M mansion to be burned down
- 13 arrested in drug busts in Yadkin County, surrounding counties
- Man tricked into thinking he's been in 10-year coma
- Texas teen gets probation for deadly DWI collision with 'affluenza' defense
- $50M awarded over birth defect after test said baby would be OK