Salem Baking Co. in Martha Stewart’s ‘American Made’ contest
Salem Baking Company
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — The Salem Baking Company out of Winston-Salem has entered Martha Stewart’s “American Made” contest — an online competition that seeks to recognize the best “makers” in the country.
The baking company, which is a division of Dewey’s, has been making Moravian sugar cakes, cheese straws, biscuits and other baked goods since 1930.
Scott Livengood, the company’s CEO, is stopping by the FOX8 Studios Thursday morning to talk about the contest.
To vote, learn more about the contest and see all the entries, visit marthastewart.com. After registering, you can vote up to six times a day. The first round of voting ends on Friday, Sept. 13.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Video captures suspect stealing items from baby's grave