Salem Baking Co. in Martha Stewart’s ‘American Made’ contest
Salem Baking Company
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — The Salem Baking Company out of Winston-Salem has entered Martha Stewart’s “American Made” contest — an online competition that seeks to recognize the best “makers” in the country.
The baking company, which is a division of Dewey’s, has been making Moravian sugar cakes, cheese straws, biscuits and other baked goods since 1930.
Scott Livengood, the company’s CEO, is stopping by the FOX8 Studios Thursday morning to talk about the contest.
To vote, learn more about the contest and see all the entries, visit marthastewart.com. After registering, you can vote up to six times a day. The first round of voting ends on Friday, Sept. 13.
- This is why you don't take a selfie next to a moving train
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting