Lexington man taken to hospital after being stabbed
(WGHP File Photo)
LEXINGTON, N.C. — Police say a Lexington man was taken to the hospital Tuesday night after he was stabbed during an altercation with another man.
The assault was reported shortly after 9:15 p.m. Tuesday at 314 East 4th St.
When officers arrived, police say they found a George Byron Scott, 59, suffering from stab wounds he received during a physical altercation with another man. Police did not identify the other man.
Scott was taken to Lexington Medical Center to be treated for his injuries, which were not life-threatening, police said.
Police say the sheriff’s office is assisting them in the investigation.
No other details were provided.
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- NC girl kicked out of prom for wearing pants