Lexington man taken to hospital after being stabbed
(WGHP File Photo)
LEXINGTON, N.C. — Police say a Lexington man was taken to the hospital Tuesday night after he was stabbed during an altercation with another man.
The assault was reported shortly after 9:15 p.m. Tuesday at 314 East 4th St.
When officers arrived, police say they found a George Byron Scott, 59, suffering from stab wounds he received during a physical altercation with another man. Police did not identify the other man.
Scott was taken to Lexington Medical Center to be treated for his injuries, which were not life-threatening, police said.
Police say the sheriff’s office is assisting them in the investigation.
No other details were provided.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old