Cold front to bring autumn-like temperatures tomorrow
Expect mostly-sunny skies Thursday with highs near 87 degrees by the afternoon. That high temperature is above normal for this time of year, but dew point temperatures will remain low.
A cold front will cross the state, and by Friday morning even drier air will be pouring into North Carolina. Highs on Friday will be near 80 degrees in the Triad. To the north and west, highs will likely be in the mid- to upper-70s. Dew point temperatures will fall into the lower-50s as we head into the weekend.
Speaking of the weekend, Saturday is looking great for the Brenner FIT Challenge! This event starts at 9 a.m. at the WFU Bridger Field House (BB&T Field). People of all ages and sizes are invited to participate in this lively event to fight childhood obesity!
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault