A taste of Italy in Wilkes County
For over 40 years, people in Wilkes and surrounding counties fell in love with a little restaurant tucked away in the Brushy Mountains called Sunny Italy.
Granny Roselli kept the customers coming back for her family recipes, which included a unique pasta sauce. When she passed away in 2010 at age 101, the restaurant closed and many thought that would be the last time they would ever taste the dressing.
But Joe Roselli saved his mother’s recipe and decided to have the pasta sauce bottled after her death.
You can find the Sunny Italy pasta sauce at several IGA stores in Wilkes County, at Roselli’s Bakery in Mount Airy and at select Lowes Foods locations across the Piedmont.
- Woman killed in wreck on southbound Business 85 in High Point
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Baby born Tuesday is largest hospital has seen in over a decade
- Woman admits to stealing toy from child's grave, explains why she did it
- Tenn. girl wakes up for school, finds parents dead inside home