A taste of Italy in Wilkes County
For over 40 years, people in Wilkes and surrounding counties fell in love with a little restaurant tucked away in the Brushy Mountains called Sunny Italy.
Granny Roselli kept the customers coming back for her family recipes, which included a unique pasta sauce. When she passed away in 2010 at age 101, the restaurant closed and many thought that would be the last time they would ever taste the dressing.
But Joe Roselli saved his mother’s recipe and decided to have the pasta sauce bottled after her death.
You can find the Sunny Italy pasta sauce at several IGA stores in Wilkes County, at Roselli’s Bakery in Mount Airy and at select Lowes Foods locations across the Piedmont.
- Watch WWE's touching tribute to The Ultimate Warrior
- 'Blood moon' timeline: Event will be a sight to behold, weather permitting
- 24 people apply for 'World's Toughest Job,' get an emotional surprise at end of interview
- 79-year-old 'Britain's Got Talent' dancer stuns Simon Cowell with her moves
- Kids react to a Walkman, make everyone feel old