Crews find body of 1 of 2 men missing on Lake Norman
Photo credit: WSOC
CORNELIUS, N.C. — Crews on Monday night found the body of one of two men who went missing on Lake Norman over the weekend, according to WSOC.
WSOC reports the man whose body was found was the 32-year-old who disappeared Saturday after jumping off a boat in the Iredell County portion of the lake.
The second man who is still sought reportedly fell off a 150-passenger charter boat around 10:30 p.m. Sunday near the mouth of Davidson Creek.
“They had a party on it. They were out on the lake, and a gentleman fell overboard,” Cornelius Fire Department Chief Jim Barbee tells WSOC.
Read more: WSOCTV.com
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save 2-year-old daughter during attack
- Two local schools make list of '10 Best High Schools in North Carolina'
- Update: Silver Alert canceled for Forsyth County woman
- Mistrial in case against man accused of passing school bus, killing child
- 3 arrested, 1 sought in Davidson Co. kidnapping, assault